Ecommerce, also known as electronic commerce or internet commerce, refers to the buying and selling of goods or services using the internet, and the transfer of money and data to execute these transactions.
Ecommerce Design Concept
Every good business starts with a good plan. Just like every major production, these things take time and careful planning. Write a list of all your ideas and methods you intend to use to reach out to your customer base. Are you planning on starting a blog? Maybe you are good at making videos or have the writing skills to craft a killer newsletter.
Note all your skills and the skills of your team. Utilize those skills to their maximum potential. Remember to review your strategy every few weeks, or at least once a month. Re-evaluate your plan based on your progress and see if any changes need to be made. This self-correcting method can eventually lead you to a solid strategy and lasting effects.
Ecommerce (Electronic commerce) is any type of commercial transaction conducted via the internet. Almost every product and service is highly available through Ecommerce conducted over computer, tablets, or smartphones and etc. Aside from buying and selling products and services Ecommerce also incorporates in online auctions, internet banking, online ticketing as well as payment gateways.
How ecommerce come to be
Actually, Ecommerce goes back to the advent of computer and invention of electricity, cables, modems and internet and showed up in 1991 when the internet was opened to commercial use and transactions. Over the last decade Amazon and eBay have contributed to major growth in online retails as big Ecommerce platforms.
The business transactions occur in all four of the major market segments below:
- Business to business
- Business to consumer
- Consumer to consumer
- Consumer to business
As for statistics,
- In 2007, e-commerce accounted for 5.1% of total retail sales
- In 2019, e-commerce made up 16.0%.
- The US shows the highest Ecommerce penetration rates, with around 80% of all internet users making at least one purchase.
- Google search accounts for about 45% of Ecommerce traffic
- China is known world’s fastest-growing Ecommerce market
- by 2040, 955 of all purchases will be expected via Ecommerce
Do you need a Joomla Ecommerce Website?
1. HikaShop provides an interface for handling languages, currencies, zones and advanced taxes to sell anywhere in the world.
2. Easily manage your store using the built-in dashboard and its powerful statistics capabilities.
3. HikaShop works on every device (laptop, tablet, smartphone..). Your shop will fit to each user's screen.
4.Increase your sales thanks to affiliate program support, coupons, discounts and email marketing integration.
5. User-friendly and flexible, our component is easy to use and configure. Create your own shop online in a minute !
6. HikaShop is integrated with many other components and includes a lots of plugins...
7. Personalize your store: views, checkout, information fields, emails, and more to fit your website design
8. Adding HikaMarket to HikaShop, create a multi-vendor website. Manage in one shop several sales from different people.
WooCommerce is one of world’s most popular open-source eCommerce solution.
There core platform is free, flexible, and amplified by a global community. The freedom of open-source means you retain full ownership of your store’s content and data forever.
Whether you’re launching a business, taking brick-and-mortar retail online, or developing sites for clients, use WooCommerce for a store that powerfully blends content and commerce.
- Create beautiful, enticing storefronts with themes suited to your brand and industry.
- Customize pages in minutes using modular product blocks.
- Showcase physical and digital goods, product variations, custom configurations, instant downloads, and affiliate items. Bookings, memberships, subscriptions, and dynamic pricing rules are only an extension away.
- Rise to the top of search results by leveraging WordPress’ SEO advantage.
Built-in tools and popular integrations help you efficiently manage your business operations. Many services are free to add with a single click via the optional Setup Wizard.
- Choose how you want to get paid. Conveniently manage payments from the comfort of your store with WooCommerce Payments (U.S.-only). Securely accept cards, mobile wallets, bank transfers, and cash thanks to 100+ payment gateways – including Stripe, PayPal, and Square.
- Configure your shipping options. Print USPS labels right from your dashboard and even schedule a pickup with WooCommerce Shipping (U.S.-only). Connect with well-known carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and ShipStation – plus a wide variety of delivery, inventory, and fulfillment solutions for your locale.
- Simplify sales tax. Add WooCommerce Tax or similar integrated services to make automated calculations a reality.